For a weekend of walking, fishing and eating in Nelson Tasman, follow former staff member Jay for his top recommendations.
“Eat, fish, walk, explore.”
- Golden sand beaches at Abel Tasman National Park
- Real fruit ice cream and a stroll along Tahunanui beach
- City Fitness Gym, for working off the stresses of the day
- Maori fry bread from Kai with Aroha food cart found at the Nelson market on Saturday mornings
- Searching for native bushes and birds in the Centre of New Zealand walk
- Summer walks (or runs) and sunsets around Monaco point
- Giant milkshakes at Headquarters café in Brightwater
- Fishing and catching whatever you can off the main wharf
- BBQs and swimming with the family at Rabbit Island
- Jumping off the rocks and swimming at the Lee valley swimming spot
He enjoys walking the region's tracks, fishing the local wharves, fitness, finding the best beaches and of course food.
For more local tips follow us on Instagram @teammonaco_resort