For an easy Nelson|Tasman weekend, check out staff member Chereez's top picks for local walks, cafes and pubs.
“The Richmond Hills are my favourite route with an amazing view as a reward, then a beer at the Brightwater Sprig and Fern pub as my second reward.”
Chereez’s top picks:
- Brightwater Sprig & Fern has the most amazing chicken and sour cream pizza. Wash it down with their apple cider or craft beer.
- Coconut milk cappuccino at Vanilla Bean Cafe in Richmond (355 Lower Queen St) is the best way to warm up in winter or just for break during the day.
- Tunnicliff Track in Wakefield is a relaxing hour-ling walk. It's an easy walk to do after work or on a weekend to get away from the busy life of Nelson.
- The Whispering Falls are an amazing reward at the end of a beautiful walk from Aniseed Valley.
- Richmond Hills have amazing views, walks for people with different levels of experience, they also feature some terrific biking trails.
- Waikoropupu Springs, located in Golden Bay is a short walk through native bush to view New Zealand's largest, and one of the world's clearest freshwater springs.
She loves adventurous walks around Nelson and finding the next cute pub or cafe.
When she's not walking the hills of Richmond and Nelson at the weekend, Chereez fills her working days as one of our (extremely busy) supervisors in the Housekeeping Dept.
For more local tips follow on Instagram @teammonaco_resort