Nelson Tasman has a lot to offer during the summer months, to help with your plans, check out Paddy's top picks and enjoy the region like a local!
“Nelson is a foodie and creatives dream ... I have been lucky enough to try it all! Let me tell you my favourite spots”
Paddy’s top picks:
- Attending a terrific local production at the Theatre Royal on Rutherford Street, Nelson
- A freshly brewed Chemex (coffee) at Oxford Street Cafe in Richmond
- Buying only the finest threads at Sidecar Menswear and hanging with Craig and his team
- Going to the Lee River for a bush walk and swim
- The CHERRIES, sold every summer literally everywhere!
- Having 18 holes and a pint of lager at the Nelson Golf Club
- Taking my dogs for a walk round the Monaco Peninsula, or alternatively at the Tahunanui dog beach at sunset
- Taking a drive over to Kaiteriteri and stopping on the way at Hopfederation (microbrewery) in Riwaka - the heart of NZ's hop growing industry
- Migas for breakfast at DeVille Cafe on New Street, literally say no more!
- Trust the chef dining at the Boat Shed Cafe, Daniel the owner will look after you very well
- The countless wineries in Nelson and Blenheim
- Okiwi Bay which is only a short drive from Nelson - go for the night, you'll love it!
A former member of staff, now resident in Auckland, but he returns to his roots often.
He's an expert in drinking 4 cups of coffee in one sitting, opening bottles of wine and using tools such as knives and forks ... (Basically everything to do with eating and drinking).
For more local tips follow on Instagram @teammonaco_resort